30/07/2012 by Farmer K's Kitchen
For the first dinner of my Whole30 Program, I made this scrumminess. When we had finished eating it, Kirk told me that his lips hurt. Oops, I may have accidentally poured in too much cayenne pepper (I did try my best to scoop some of it out!). I cooked up extra for lunches and I’ll serve it with some organic saurerkraut (some good bacteria for the gut!). It was an easy-peasy day of eating delicious food.
Spicy Mince Meat
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 grated sweet chilli (or red capsicum)
- 2 handfuls of minced beef
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2Tbs cajun seasoning
- 1Tbs Moroccan seasoning
- 1/4tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to season
- oil for cooking (I used grapeseed)
- drizzle of Byron Bay Chilli Jalapeño Sauce
- bunch of baby spinach
- Cook the onion and carrot in the fry pan with oil.
- Add the seasonings.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Taste the mix and add more spices according to taste.
- Place some baby spinach in a bowl.
- Top spinach with cooked mince meat.
- Drizzle a small amount of …….
- Non-Whole30 extra: break some goats feta over the top!
If you are interested in more of what I am eating for the duration of the Whole30, check out my Instagram (treensvagg). You can get more dodgy looking iPhone pics of food like the ones on this post!