24/07/2012 by Farmer K's Kitchen
Two foodie bloggers that I admire, Sonia from Natural New Age Mum and Jodi from Hot Pink Chilli, tagged me for a Kreativ Blogger Award, mentioning that they love reading Farmer K’s Kitchen. Thanks girls! Once you receive the award, you get to answer 10 questions about yourself, 10 random facts about yourself, and then tag 7 amazing food bloggers that you love to read.
The Ten Questions
1. What is my favourite song? My dad introduced me to bluegrass music and I love it! There is something awesome about banjos, mandolins, fiddles and sweet harmonies belting out a love song. I particularly enjoy listening to the tunes by Alison Krauss and Union Station. A favourite song of mine is Simple Love.
2. My favourite dessert? Organic Milk Chocolate which you can buy in hearty-man-chunks at Jeffer’s Market in big containers. I just eat it in big clumps. A new favourite is Pru’s Fudgey Chilli Cinnamon Bites which I took a photo of to show you how amazing they are (find her at Two Modern Cavewomen).
3. What ticks me off? When bacon is not just bacon, but 10 different ingredients including sugar! Why can’t food just be actual food.
4. When I’m upset, what do I do? I like to be in my favourite place (home) and talk to Kirk (my hubby). He is my practical, level-headed, sounding board. I then usually see the issue from a perspective that enables me to either take action or if it’s not a biggy – let it slide.
5. What is my favourite pet? Well, I can’t exactly choose only ONE pet cause that wouldn’t be very fair! I love our cats – Maximus and Cuddles, both have completely opposite personalities. Our 7 chooks are also precious beings and we love to watch them pottering about the yard. We have 4 black Australorps and 3 Isa Browns. Watching them around the yard makes my heart swell with happiness.
6. What do I prefer – black or white? Black – less dirt and paint from work shows up on my clothes
7. What is my biggest fear? Spiders. Big ones and tiny little baby ones. I watched Arachnophobia when I shouldn’t have. Ruined.
8. What is my attitude? I like to look for the positives in situations and in people. Sometimes this can come across as gullible, but I like to believe that all people are good and things happen for a reason.
9. What is perfection? Being at home (the house would already be totally clean, grocery shopping done and washing away) with nothing to do for the whole day but sleep, read books, and be around my husband. Throw in some chocolate and I am a happy girl.
10. What is my guilty pleasure? Besides eating the organic milk chocolate from Jeffer’s Market, I absolutely love red wine and cheese. Unfortunately the cheese isn’t much of a friend to me and I can only eat it in small amounts at the moment.
Ten Random Facts About Me
- One of my favourite movies is 300. Even though it’s gory, I am sucker for movies that are based on true events and showcase different cultures (and having Gerald Butler as the lead role is pretty alright).
- I have a tinge of the colour yellow in my left iris. Now you are all going to stare at me strangely. My eyes are blue…and yellow .
- My nickname growing up was Spud (click for my explanation). Think: potato head.
- When I was in high school, I was the captain of the NSW Volleyball team (indoor).
- I am an organised person and I love lists. I make lists for everything. I even have a weekly planner for my life, but to be fair I am juggling a few too many roles at the moment. I love to learn new things and constantly challenge my mind. Mini-projects pop up everywhere in my life, which can be good and bad.
- I prefer to be driven rather than drive. I am usually happily gazing out the window in the passenger seat.
- I don’t like raisins no matter how hard I try…including rasin toast (gasp!). I never used to like sultanas either, but I love them now. I keep trying raisins just in case my taste buds have changed. Nope, still don’t like them!
- I completed half a degree in Graphic Design and Marketing. I changed degrees to become a teacher and have been teaching for 8 years now.
- One of my favourite smells is freshly washed hair.
- Down time for me is simple. After a busy day at work teaching lots of little kiddies which means answering a million questions and being on my toes all day, there is NOTHING better than pulling into the driveway, slipping on my pj’s and baking something. Then I like to sit on my bottom, eat what I have made and enjoy a coffee with my husband. I am a major homebody and if I didn’t have to work, I would be there all day long.
Seven Bloggers I Read
My bloggers bookmark list on my laptop is HUGE, so asking for me to pick 7 is tough. It does make it a bit easier that some of my fav’s have already been tagged for the Kreativ Award so I’ll leave them off. I don’t like breaking rules so here are my 7 (in no particular order):