02/05/2012 by Farmer K's Kitchen
There are so many pears around at the moment so I went on the hunt for some yummy pear-induced desserts on the internet. I stumbled across this little beauty over at the Thermomix Forum by Hana. I just slightly tweaked it so that it suited the way we eat at the moment.
For this recipe I used my Thermomix. Sorry about that. I am sure if you do not have one, you too will get to taste this pudding of delight by adapting it to whatever tools you have in the kitchen. While scoffing down his THIRD helping, Kirk stated that this pear pudding rivals his favourite sticky date pudding. That is a pretty big statement!!
Pear, Zucchini & Carrot Pudding
- 4 large pears
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 150g walnuts
- 100g rapadura sugar
- 130g grapeseed oil (or any other mild tasting oil)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp bicarb soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 240g almond meal
- 60g honey or agave
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Quarter the pears and put them in the TM and blitz for 10 secs/sp8. Cook at 100C/10 mins/sp3. Set puree aside. Rinse and dry TM bowl.
- Trim ends from zucchini and carrot, cut in thirds, put in TM and blitz for 15 secs/sp5. Remove and set aside.
- Throw walnuts into the unrinsed TM and blitz for 10 secs/sp5. Set aside with carrots and zucchini.
- Insert the butterfly, add sugar and oil in the TM. Mix 10 secs/sp4.
- Remove the butterfly and add the pears and mix for 10 secs/sp5.
- Add the almond meal, bicarb & cinnamon and mix for 10 secs/sp2.
- Add the carrots, zucchini and walnuts and mix for 20 secs/sp5 or until well combined.
- Pour into a lined cake tin and cook at 150C for approximately 1 hour.
You can take out the rapadura sugar and substitute with some dates. We poured some cream over our pudding with some warm green apples that were spiced up with a touch of powdered ginger, cinnamon, and stevia.
Perfect for a winter evening in front of The Block.