13/02/2012 by Farmer K's Kitchen
The gluten-free paleo bread that I usually make has been so popular and loved by all who taste. Some of the feedback I’ve had is that the bread would also taste great as a banana bread cause the texture is so similar. This feedback has mainly been from Kirk’s side of the family. Kirk’s sister makes a banana bread that will make you wanna do the crazy dance: yep, that good!
With some of Kirk’s family coming to stay with us for a few days, I figured now is as good a time to convert the Paleo Bread into a banana bread genius. I picked up some sweet-az lady finger bananas from the Farmers Market and I decided to give it a whirl.
You can use any bananas, but the lady finger variety are sweeter. Try not use bananas that have gone too brown as the flavour can be way too strong! The bananas I used had just a few little brown patches on the outside.
Farmer Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups (180g) almond flour
- 2 Tbs (20g) coconut flour
- ¼ cup (40g) flaxseed/linseed meal
- 60g honey
- 1 Tbs organic ground cinnamon
- 3 lady finger bananas (you could even toss one more in if you like)!
- ¼ tsp celtic sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 60g coconut oil
- Place all the ingredients into the Thermomix/food processor and mix.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf baking tin (I use a light spray of coconut oil to grease or you can use butter)
- Bake at 180° for 30 minutes
Can’t get much easier than that!