26/01/2012 by Farmer K's Kitchen
How fancy does that sound? “Bisketto”. It is not actually a word (I think), but it is the nickname I like to give biscuits. As you do. It is just like when I went for my Japanese exam in high school and I didn’t know the Japanese word for “supermarket” so I said “supermarketo?”.
These biscuits are fairly fancy like their new name. Gluten & sugar-free of course, and perfect to either eat straight out of the oven, or top them with your favourites. I like avocado with ripe tomatoes and a sprinkling of sea salt over the top! My husband likes the biscuits formed into bread sticks and used with various dips (one his favourites is the Beetroot Cheese Cream Dip).
These biskettos were adapted slightly from Gluten Free Fix!
- 2 eggs
- 1 C shredded hard tasty cheese (vintage cheese gives the bisketto’s a nice taste too)
- 1/4 C coconut oil or butter
- 3/4C almond meal/flour
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage (if you don’t like sage (?) use thyme or another herb)
- Put all ingredients in the Thermomix, food processor or mix in a bowl.
- Roll the batter into balls and gently squash as you put them on a tray covered in baking paper.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 15 minutes, until you can smell the deliciousness and the bisketto’s are going a lovely golden colour