24/12/2011 by Farmer K's Kitchen
Another goodie for Christmas! You will love this one
My lovely friend has lent me her dehydrator while she is away with her family on holidays, and I have been putting that awesome machine to good work over such a short space of time! First I made dried bananas with rapadura sprinkles, dried strawberries, dried apples, dried mango, dried kiwi fruit, dried mint, dried parsley and now dried almond cherry macaroons! Feast into these babies!
Of course, if you do not have a dehydrator you can just place these balls into the fridge and they will do just as well.
Almond Cherry Macaroons
- 2 1/2C Dried Coconut
- 1/2C almonds
- 1/2C dried cherries
- 1/2C agave
- 1/4C coconut oil
- A drop of almond extract (or essence if you can’t find) depending on taste
- Place almonds in Thermomix and whiz until coarse.
- Add cherries, coconut, agave, coconut oil and some rapadura (depending on how sweet you like them!)
- Roll mixture into little balls and roll them into rapadura to coat.
- Place in small, pretty cupcake holders and put in the dehydrator for approximately 4 hours. I then put them in the fridge overnight and they hardened up perfectly on the outside, but soft on the inside.