22/12/2011 by Farmer K's Kitchen
One of the things about being gluten-free is trying to come up with delicious ways to make your old favourites without the gluten. Luckily, I spotted Gluten Free Fix‘s post about her Parmesan Crusted Chicken, and it made life a whole lot easier I have a few of her recipes up my sleeve as she is really clever!
Gluten Free Crusted Chicken
- chicken breasts, cut into tenders or nuggets
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed almond meal
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- spray of olive oil to coat the chicken and crumbs
- Preheat oven.
- Whisk eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Combine almond flour, Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic and thyme.
- Coat chicken in egg mixture.
- Push chicken into flour mixture.
- Place chicken on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Spray the chicken with olive oil (or coconut oil)
- Bake for 15-20 until cooked through and browning.
- Serve while warm.
I served this with baby spinach leaves, dehydrated cherry tomatoes and mango (which I made today), mushrooms, beetroot cheese cream from here, and pumpkin leftovers from this recipe over at Hot Pink Chilli. My photos aren’t that crash hot, but you get the idea.
I originally made a mistake with this recipe while being highly distracted, and I ended up combing the egg and flour mixtures before touching the chicken, which resulted in major goo! I ended up starting over, and using my mistake goo as an impromptu pizza base…just to see if it worked. I lay it onto a baking sheet and popped it into the oven to cook until done all the way through. It worked!!