05/12/2011 by Farmer K's Kitchen
I used to L.O.V.E pasta! My most favourite meal of all time, which I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then I found out my body wasn’t processing gluten properly and I had to say good bye to my beloved pasta. Even the gluten-free stuff didn’t agree with me, so I was keen to find an alternative.
Green Kitchen Stories (one of the best food blogs around) had an amazing ‘pasta’ recipe using zucchini’s. I was intrigued and loved the fact that the food used for this meal was alive and raw, so I had a go at it myself. I adapted a few things as I went along, which is always fun to do.
Mango Zucchini Pasta
- 2 mangoes peeled & deseeded
- 3 cm red chilli
- 2 tsps crushed ginger
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbs olive oil, cold pressed
- 1 tbs coconut oil, cold pressed
- 3 mushrooms diced up
- 3 zucchinis
1. Using a julienne peeler, peel the zucchinis and put in them into two bowls
3. Cut up the mushrooms in little, tiny cubes and sprinkle on top of the zucchini pasta.
4. Check that the mango is tasty…
5. Pour the sauce over the zucchini pasta and devour, with some smooth Guinness!